"Keep The Secret"/How can I know God?

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Encouragement for Singles

If you are single and waiting for the Lord to bring the right marriage partner into your life then you are probably also wondering "when". "When will that happen?" The older you get the more it might cause you to worry: (Gasp) "What if I never get married!". :-) Let me share with you a few things the Lord taught me that have been helpful.

First ask yourself, what is the purpose of life? The answer is to glorify God. A few year's ago I finally realized that God will bring the right man for me to marry when my life will bring greater glory to Him as a married woman than a single one. This helped in that it comforted me that if I never get married then I  have fulfilled my life purpose by bringing glory to the Lord.

The next question to ask, "What am I doing to seek first God's kingdom?". Are you sincerely seeking first God's kingdom (Matthew 6:33)? Is it a true priority in your life with absolutely no strings attached? What are your competing affections? Let me encourage you to seek the Lord and ask Him to reveal the things in your life that are keeping you back from being more effective for Him. Then repent of those things and cry out to the Lord to make you more effective for Him.

This article may appear incomplete, perhaps it is. This is all I have for now. Prayerfully, this will be help and encourage to others.

May the Lord bless you with seeking first His kingdom and keeping your eyes on Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment